Every fall, the entire universe turns to thoughts of Pumpkin-Spiced this or that. We’re fairly certain your pup wants in on that pumpkin action. So we created an amazingly easy recipe for homemade pumpkin dog treats that your pooch will devour.
Homemade Pumpkin Dog Treats Directions
This recipe uses only three main ingredients: Real pumpkin puree, a rich source of fiber, helping with digestion. Peanut butter, a healthy source of all natural fats and proteins. And Brown Rice Flour. The optional cinnamon is non-toxic to dogs and gives the treats a tantalizing aroma.
Here’s what you’ll need:
* 1/2 can 100% Pure Pumpkin Puree, not pumpkin pie filling, plain pumpkin.
* 1 3/4 Whole Grain Brown Rice Flour
* 1 cup Peanut Butter
* 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon (Optional)
* 1 or 2 Cookie Sheets
* Parchment Paper
1. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper while preheating the over to 350° Fahrenheit.
2. In a large bowl, first stir together peanut butter and pumpkin. Next, fold in in the flour 1/4 cup at a time
3. Once the dough is no longer sticky, roll the dough out between two sheets of parchment paper to 1/4? thick.
4. Use a festive holiday cookie cutter to cut out the dough, like bat or pumpkin shapes, then place them on the prepared a pan.
5. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes.
Let cool completely before sharing with your pup. You can easily store and freeze these treats for 3 – 4 months or until your next holiday celebration – or whenever that adorable fuzzy face comes looking for them.